Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Purpose

I wouldn't presume to believe that I have anything to offer to anyone except that which has been revealed to me by God, that is, Spiritual Truth.

Additionally, I would never presume to believe that I have "arrived," spiritually speaking. Furthermore, I will boldly say to everyone - every day people like me, and scholars alike - the only people who have "arrived" are those who have passed from this side of eternity to their final destinations.

This blog is an opportunity for me to write my thoughts. If God so chooses to use this blog to grow my faith or to reach others with His good news of redemption, then I will praise Him. One thing I do know is this: I am His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared beforehand that I may walk in them (Ephesians 2:10 NKJ). Knowing this Truth means if I surrender my will to His will in reverence and obedience, He is able to, through me, do anything He wants to.

I also believe that my role as a father includes a biblical mandate (Deut. 6) to train my sons to be husbands and fathers (preferably in that order) who will honor God in their relationships with their wives and children (again, preferably in that order). This blog serves to assist my day to day interaction with my kids and leaves them a written legacy to marry with my "lived out" faith.

One more thought....

Hebrews 4:12 states this,

"For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart."

I wholeheartedly believe this Truth. That said, as I alluded to above, I know that I have not "arrived". I am not a spiritual guru by any means. While it may be hard to read this, you are not a spiritual guru either. I believe there is one True translation and I wouldn't presume to have mastered it, nor will I until the Lord brings me home. This means that you and I may disagree on biblical matters. This is okay. I call on my brother Paul, he says it so well in his letter to the churches of Ephesus:


Therefore I (and me), the prisoner (I a soldier and slave) of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love, being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all. Ephesians 4:1-6 NASB.

While we may disagree, we must maintain our love and unity in Christ Jesus. There are so many reasons to do so, perhaps the biggest reason of all is because the world is watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment